On Friday I was nominated for the Liebster Award. Until that day I hadn’t even heard of it. If you haven’t heard of it either then here is a little bit of background. The Liebster Award is an award to bloggers from bloggers. Liebster, being German, translates roughly to a person who is liked or loved by others. So, basically, if you are an all-around decent person then this is the type of award for you.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, or you chose to start a blog post about the Liebster award; you should do the following:
- Thank the person who has nominated you (don’t forget to link their blog too)
- Display the award on your blog
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself
- Nominate between 5 and 11 other blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award the award.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- List all of these rules in your post
- Inform your nominees that you have nominated them and provide a link to your post
Ok so there are the rules, now let’s get into the good stuff!
Firstly, thank you to Rena Sees for my nomination! I really appreciate it and I’m super excited as I am a first time nominee.
My Blog and Me
I’m not really sure when I started to write or when I came up with the idea of starting a blog. I’ve never been a write ever and was never good at english class in school, except when it came to grammar and spelling. I love blogging and writing because it is the one hobby that I have. I’ve had countless hobbies before and I always gave up on them when I couldn’t get it right or learn quick enough but blogging is a whole different experience. You are constantly learning and growing as a person without even realising it plus it helps to get out all those feelings you have that you can never seem to say out loud. As I blog I learn more about myself and about my future. Since starting my blog I have signed up for an online journalism course which I never in my wildest dreams though I would enjoy or do but here I am! My blog has become a huge part of me and I never want that to change.
10 facts about me
Funnily enough I actually wrote a post about this a few weeks ago when I was having a bit of a creative block but let’s do it again!
- I am a qualified veterinary nurse
- I suck at getting and then keeping motivation
- I have a million things that I would like to do in my life or at least learn but I’m not very good at being patient
- In saying that, I am the most impatient person you will ever meet
- I am incredibly stubborn but I kind of like it because it usually means I get my way
- I’d love to be a forensic anthropologist but I don’t have the patience for another like 10 years of studying
- I named my cat Peanut by accident
- I am a perfectionist when it comes to certain things like drawing or writing in my bullet journal but not things like cleaning my room or doing my hair nicely
- I have sever anxiety disorder and probably a newly developed panic disorder
- I love peach ice-tea
The Nerdy Lion
Brains & Bodies
Dose of Simplicity
All Things Kay
My Q&A from Rina Sees
If you’d have the ability to travel to the past, where would you go and why?
I would go way back to Ancient Egypt, that time was so fascinating and learning Egypt has also been one of my many loves
What is your hidden weakness?
Easy, I am more stubborn than pretty much anything and everything in the world, including a bull
House by the sea or a villa in the center of city?
Oh, that’s a hard one. I’m more of a farm out in the country sorta gal but I’ll go with house by the sea. I already tried living in an apartment in the center of the city and that wasn’t as great as I would have hoped
Describe your ideal day in 5 words
Umm, let’s go with eating, reading, petting puppies, and writing
Discover us one of your little secrets.
That doesn’t really make any sense but I’ll give it a try. I cried when Slash walked on stage at the GNR concert last year
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Probably in career number 15 with 4 dogs and 7 cats running my life in the outback in Texas, yep.
What is your biggest unfulfilled wish?
I was going to go with marrying Slash or at the very least Jason Momoa but that was never going to happen anyway so I’ll go with backpacking
Which country would you like to live in? Why?
I think about this one a lot and I can never fully decide on one place. I’d love to go back home to Ireland because home but I would also love to like in Quebec, Canada thanks to Kathy Reichs and also South Africa, oh and maybe Israel because I love history. I’ll probably end up in America though, hopefully some where that allows me the freedom of the city with all these crazy opportunities but also allows me to have a farm with 12 llamas.
What is your favorite color?
Finally! An easy question. That would be green!
Which two things would you take on the desert island?
The Library of Alexandria and an iPod with every rock song from the 60’s through to the 90’s but it has to always have full battery
How would you be called if you chose name yourself?
Well, since I have three middle names I would go with one of those. Probably Siobhan because it was my nana’s name and my first middle name but also because if I got bored I could just call myself Johanna since Siobhan translates to that.
Those questions were harder than the questions I was asked in the job interview I had the other day. I kind of want to write new questions for the next nominees but I also really love the ones I was asked. I’ll change it up a little instead.
Q&A Part 2
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be and why?
- What is your favourite book or book series?
- What is your favourite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle?
- What 3 things would you take to a desert island?
- If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would you choose?
- Out of all the countries that you have visited, which was your favourite?
- What are you most afraid of?
- Name one celebrity that you wish you could marry?
- Llamas or Alpacas?
- Describe your favourite dish
- If you could change one thing about your life what would it be?
So, nominees, it’s your turn!